John Scorse best best for 12th august 2016
Friday 23rd September 2016
JOHN SCORSE – EXPERT WAGERING COMMENTARY
John Scorse provides Sky Racing Mounting Yard Commentary and tips for Thoroughbred Park and regional NSW race courses. John is a former leading jockey and won the Canberra Jockeys Premiership in the 1989/90 and 1990/91 racing seasons.
BEST BETS FOR SUNDAY 13TH NOVEMBER 2016
**Updated with final scratchings
Race 1: 3 - 2 - 10 - 5
• 3 Rinviata, Lightly raced and well performed, comes into this third up, just beaten second up, looking for trip, very hard to beat
• 2 Undoubtable, Unsuited last tart Hawkesbury, well placed in this company.
• 10 Smiling at Shadows, Will be on pace with no weight, respect
• 5 Precocious, Next best
Race 2: 4 - 9 - 7 - 12
• 4 Balonne, Unplaced all six runs but beautifully placed here, most unlucky last start, very hard to beat
• 9 Moonlight Duchess, Consistent without winning, better drawn this time, consider
• 7 Celestial Choice, Mixing the distances of late but better placed up to this trip and back in grade
• 12 Smart As, Well bred and on debut, watch market
Race 3: 14 - 12 - 5 - 4
• 14 Twice as Sweet, Both runs to date in much tougher races, very close to a win on last start placing
• 12 Iltextya, Very consistent but costly last couple, needs a good getaway but well drawn
• 5 Lord Denman, Well bred and in astute stable, on debut, watch market
• 4 Simply Striking, Next Best
Race 4: 2 - 1 - 5 - 9
• 2 Pixie Rose, Smart mare in good form, good chance again
• 1 Nicof, Speedy and improved by one run this time in
• 5 Siandra, Unlucky after wide run last time, better suited from ideal gate
• 9 Silky Mover, Next best
Race 5: 8 - 10 - 9 - 1
• 8 Snitzel’s Goddess, Smart mare resuming and likes this track, well drawn and very hard to beat
• 10 Moroccan Ruby, Both runs this preparation very good, better drawn today, don’t take lightly
• 9 Love Me Baby, Strong win last start, lightly raced and shows good ability
• 1 Bring A Secret, Next best
Race 6: 3 - 1 - 2 - 8
• 3 Hangin with Willy, Consistent type and in top form this preparation, hard to beat from ideal gate
• 1 Zaritzie, Most consistent horse, back in grade here, loves this trip
• 2 Steel Frost, Impressive maiden winner last time, extra 100 will suit
• 8 Rushman, Next best
Best Bet: Race 1 - number 3 - Rinviata, He was very good last preparation in strong races, beautifully placed third up and very hard to beat
Best Roughie: Race 5 - Number 10 - Singled Out - Moroccan Ruby, Comes into this third up, beautifully drawn, will be good value here.
John Scorse provides Sky Racing Mounting Yard Commentary and tips for Thoroughbred Park and regional NSW race courses.
John is a former leading jockey and won the Canberra Jockeys Premiership in the 1989/90 and 1990/91 racing seasons. John won over 1200 races as a jockey including four Group 1 races.
He had a great association with the outstanding sprinter Placid Ark and rode him through a clean sweep of the 1987 Melbourne autumn carnival Group 1 sprints namely the Lightning Stakes, Oakleigh Plate and Newmarket Handicap.
John won Canberra’s National Sprint and three Canberra Guineas. John is well credentialed to provide his opinion on the best chances in each race at Thoroughbred Park.
Congratulations also go to John for receiving the Contribution to the ACT Racing Industry Award for 2010.