ACTIVITIES ON BLACK OPAL STAKES DAY
Below is a list of activities scheduled for the John McGrath Auto Group Black Opal Stakes day.
1. Canberra Centre Fashions on the field concept. A new concept for this year is “The Podium”. To register for Fashions on the all entrants must have their photo taken at “The Podium” located in the Betting Ring. Judges will choose finalists from the images and the finalists will then parade on stage where the winners will be announced. The categories this year are Classic Ladies Racewear, Classic Mens Racewear, Millinery Award and a new category, Outfit of the day which is exclusive for Over 40’s only. Male and Females are able to enter this category and a winner and runner up will be announced in all categories. Fashions on the field registrations are strictly between 12 noon and 3pm.
2. The Noah’s Ark Petting Zoo, jumping castle and activity centre and facepainting will keep the kids entertained for hours.
3. Wild Voices Music Theatre will sing the National Anthem prior to the Black Opal Stakes and Tim Benson to play the “Call to Post”prior to every race.
4. Roaming comedy acts - The Opal Men and Jockeys on stilts.
5. 4 x DJ’s on course and live band Guitar Cases.
6. 3 x general public bars.
7. Win a car promotion. 8 winners will be selected prior to the day. If there are more than 8 runners in the Black Opal, winners will be drawn from on-course on the day. The winners will receive a horse in the Black Opal Stakes and if their horse wins they win the car.
8. Canberra Makeup Academy will give complimentary makeup touch ups throughout the day.
9. Gates open at 11:30am, First race 1:10pm.